Facebook can be a big, cluttered place, especially when you're looking for updates specifically about your community. Fortunately, you can simplify things by liking some of the most useful pages.
Here are seven of my top recommendations.
- Perry Hall Patch: With more than 3,200 likes, it's a powerhouse of local news and information. Not only do you get instant news updates, you can also join discussions and read news tips from active community members.
- Perry Hall Improvement Association: The PHIA just joined Facebook in March. It's a little low on likes (about 60 at last count), but I'm pretty sure Patch readers can help improve that. It's updated regularly with information from dedicated volunteers.
- Baltimore County Councilman David Marks: In case you haven't noticed, Marks is pretty involved in issues related to local government. His Facebook page not only includes updates on policies and legislation, he also aggregates relevant news stories from Patch, The Baltimore Sun and local TV stations.
- Vintage Perry Hall: This one is awfully fun to flip through. Discuss the good old days will fellow readers and submit your own vintage photos from Perry Hall's past.
- Perry Hall Alumni Association: This is an absolute must-like for anyone who attended Perry Hall High School. I also suggest becoming a fan if your child is currently a student. It's updated frequently with events and information.
- White Marsh Volunteer Fire Company: Did you know they do a lot more than just put out fires? Find information on flea markets, Christmas tree sales, photos from recent incidents and safety tips on their page.
- THE AVENUE at White Marsh: Coupons, event updates—need we say more? This is a great go-to page before you venture out shopping.
Did I forget one of your favorites? Tell us in the comments.