An online petition circulating the Perry Hall community is asking County Executive Kevin Kamenetz to allocate county funding for the proposed Perry Paw Dog Park.
As of Wednesday evening, the petition had been been signed by 30 out of a necessary 100 community members.
"Currently, there are 2 dog parks in Baltimore County," the petition begins. "They have received funding from Baltimore County. Another one is planned and will receive county funding. There are no funds allotted for Perry Paw Dog Park currently.
"The Perry Paw Dog Park committee has raised approximately $20,000, but needs $50,000 more. We are asking for help from our County Executive," the petition continues.
Let your new Patch editor know: Where do you stand on a new dog park in Perry Hall? Sound off in the comments section!
For the uninitiated, play catchup by reading the related content below.
Stay with Patch as we continue to update this story.
- The Dog Park: A Modern Day Playground
- Dog Park Supporters Meet With County Officials
- Fundraising for Perry Hall Dog Park Underway
- Perry Paw Dog Park--Action needed
- Could a Dog Park be in Perry Hall's Future?
- Marks Announces Support of Perry Hall Dog Park
- Perry Hall Dog Owners Begging for Dog Park
- BLOG: Perry Hall Deserves County Dog Park Funding