Special thanks to "Team Mom" Lisa Alluisi, who volunteers with Perry Hall High School's track and field team. She submitted photos and the following text to Patch.
A handfull of Perry Hall Track & Field Athletes participated in the Maryland State 4A Track & Field Championship, held at Morgan State University.
Day 2, Friday, May 25:
- Our Boys 3200 meter relay team (Jose Cruz, Bart Allen, Chris Vitek, Ethan Burbridge) pulled off a strong finish of 12th place.
- Thelma Ejimofor gave a valiant performance in the 100 meter dash with a 14th placing.
- Patrick Alluisi struggled but didn't give up in the 110 meter hurdles placing 16th.
- The girls 800 meter relay team (Korie Robinson, Amanda Wang, Shanna Brooks, Thelma Ejimofor) ran tough with a placement of 15th.
- Noah Pennington brought home 7th with a personal best in the pole vault.
- And to cap off our first day was an Outstanding performance by Vincent Ciattei becoming the 4A State Champion taking 1st in the 3200 meter run.
Day 3, Saturday, May 26:
- First up, Travon Chase with an outstanding run and personal best placing 10th in the 400 meter.
- Patrick Alluisi gave a strong performance placing 8th in the 300 meter hurdles.
- Emily Lottes brought home a 3rd place and personal best in the high jump.
- Vincent Ciattei again became a 4A State Champ turning in a time that was the best out of all four regions in the 1600 meter run.
Community members don't truly realize what a fantastic bunch of young men and women we have on our track team. Through all their ups and downs they have persevered. They kept on practicing, they dug deep to do their utmost personal best. Most of those that went to the State Championships weren't even expected to have qualified. And every single one of them dug deep and gave everything they had and left it the track. As parent and Team Mom, I am extremely proud of each and every team member who came out and gave it their all.
We bid a sad farewell to our two seniors Shanna Brooks and Travon Chase. We wish them all best.
How did your athletes perform this season? Tell us in the comments.