UPDATE: Tickets for the open house will be sold at the door of the Perry Hall Mansion, between 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 15, inside the mansion at 3930 Perry Hall Rd.
It's engraved on the Perry Hall High School ring and appears on Perry Hall's welcome signs, but few have actually set foot inside the Perry Hall Mansion.
For the second year in a row, the Historic Perry Hall Mansion organization will hold its holiday open house inside the mansion. Attendees are invited to not only tour the mansion, but also learn about its history, enjoy food and wine and watch Christmas-themed musical performances in the decorated ballroom.
"Our annual holiday reception is an important event for Historic Perry Hall Mansion. It allows us to increase awareness about this historic site, while also raising funds to support future improvements," according to administrative director Jeffrey Smith.
The "Deck the Halls" Annual Holiday Open Houseis planned between 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 15, inside the mansion at 3930 Perry Hall Rd.
Tickets are $25 each or $40 for a pair for members, and $30 each and $50 for a pair for non-members. Membership is $10 per household, $5 per single person, and $30 for an organization or business. Tickets are available by mail. See the PDF order form attached to this article for details.
Previously, county regulations prevented public use of the building, causing the 2010 holiday event to be held on the mansion's lawn. County officials, however, shifted their position and approved use of the mansion in time for the 2011 open house.
All proceeds from tickets to the open house will go toward mansion restoration and every aspect of the event, including decorations and food, will be donated by volunteers.
"Volunteers from the community, and their ideas and energy, help to make these receptions fun for everyone," Smith added.
Several volunteers are needed before and during the event. Contact events director Laura Kimball at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in assisting with the following tasks.
Before the event:
- Clean and decorate the mansion on Friday, Dec. 7, between 10 a.m.–2 p.m., bring cleaning supplies, including mops, buckets, rags, gloves, vacuums, etc.
- Decorate and set up on Saturday, Dec 14, between 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Supply decorations (just for the event or donation)
- Donate magnolia, pine and holly clippings
During the event:
- Donate food items for the open house
- Provide musical performance during the event—so far, three performances are booked
- Provide a Santa suit and Santa Claus to meet with children around 6:30 p.m.
- Assist with the children’s activity room and act as a room attendant
- Event greeters, ticket takers, gift shop attendant, parking attendants, food service helpers, etc., are needed
- Assist with fundraising raffle—donate items, procure items, sell tickets during the night’s event
- Clean up after the event
- Other donations and volunteer services