UPDATE (Noon, March 9)—Nearly 500 readers voted this week for their favorite place to work out in Perry Hall.
And the winner is ...
at 3615 E Joppa Rd.—it got 177 votes in the poll, in addition to positive reviews on its and in the comments.
Including positive comments, reviews and poll votes, it was one tight race. ended the week with 115 votes, received 95 votes and got 68 votes. Perry Hallers certainly are passionate about where they go to stay in shape!
"Thank you to all those who voted for us. A Step Ahead Dance Center is committed to providing quality dance and fitness classes in a fun, comfortable atmosphere. We are honored to be a part of the Perry Hall community!" stated Kristin Celano of the center.
Here's what some readers had to say about A Step Ahead Dance Center:
- A Step Ahead Dance Center is amazing! They offer classes for the whole family in virtually every genre including but not limited to Tap, Musical Theater and Zumba! The instructors are highly qualified, know their students AND their families by name, and support their students in other community efforts through monetary donations, personal attention and mentions in studio newsletters. If its the best "community gym" you're looking for, A Step Ahead Dance Center is just that, a wonderful community to be a part of!
- I am so grateful for the teachers and staff at a Step Ahead Dance Center! Both of my daughters have taken a variety of classes there over the years and I have seen their confidence and abilities grow. This is my third year taking tap and zumba and I love it!
- My daughter has been taken dance lessons at A Step Ahead Dance Studio for several years. The teachers, Karen and Kristen, are amazing teachers. They truly relate and inspire children to dance. Their annual recital is unbelievable. It's a great place for children to dance and have fun while exercising.
Be sure to tune in Monday morning for our third round of the contest, What is Perry Hall's Best St. Patrick's Day Celebration?
Check out the winner of last week's contest:
UPDATE (9 a.m., March 9)—Voting is now closed. We're counting up the results! Watch to find out the winner at noon today.
UPDATE (5 a.m., March 5)—Swimsuit season is just around the corner—time to stop panicking and start getting back into shape.
Fortunately, Perry Hall offers plenty of options to help you get moving. But which local gym or fitness center does it best? Take our poll to help us decide.
Here are some of our favorite places, but if your favorite spot got left off the list, please let us know in the comments:
- , 9634 Belair Rd.
- , 5002 Honeygo Center Dr.
- , 4375 Ebenezer Rd.
- , 9440 Belair Rd.
- , 3615 E Joppa Rd.
- LA Fitness (former Bally Total Fitness), 8221 Town Center Dr.
- Art & Strength, 4115 Wholesale Club Dr.
Voting in the poll below is open until 9 a.m. Friday.
- Because this poll is not scientific, it is not the sole consideration in choosing a winner. The winner will be determined by the Patch editor, based on poll results, positive comments below and in reviews on each of the businesses' Patch Places directory listings (you can reach them by clicking on the businesses above).
- Please vote only once per survey, per Patch.
If your business is listed here, learn how to claim your listing for free on Perry Hall Patch in .
We will announce the winner at noon Friday.
So tell us which is your favorite place to work out. And don't forget to tell us why in the comments below.
(Editor's Note: This feature has changed from "Best Of" to "Patch Readers' Choice.")