Christmas is on a Sunday this year, which means double whammy on business and government closures.
Not that Patch necessarily recommends shopping on the holiday, but here's our of five places you didn't know were open on Christmas.
Editor's Note: Feeling a sense of Patch déjà vu? It's because we're repeating part of our .
1. at 9545 Belair Rd.
- Some have visions of sugar plums on Christmas; others crave wonton soup. This Chinese and Japanese restaurant will keep its regular hours on Christmas Day of 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. One , who gave the restaurant five stars, said it has the best wonton soup she ever tasted.
2. at 8830 Belair Rd.
- Perry Hall's Patient First doesn't close on holidays (sometime I'll tell you about the time they popped my shoulder back into its socket on Memorial Day 2007). If you need to see a doctor on Christmas Day, and it's not an immediately life-threatening situation, Patient First will be keep its normal hours of 8 a.m.-10 p.m. No appointments are necessary.
3. at 9645 Belair Rd.
Editor's Note: A Safeway worker told Patch that store management has decided to close the store on Christmas Day.
4. AMC Loews White Marsh 16 at 8141 Honeygo Blvd.
- Being around my family is entertainment enough, but if you're in need of a Christmas Day diversion, look no further than . AMC Loews White Marsh 16 has several film showings scheduled between 9 a.m. and midnight.
5. at 8910 Belair Rd.
- Some people can't go a day without their Starbucks coffee, even if that day is Christmas Day. A quick coffee run could also be the solution to a houseful of groggy holiday guests. The Belair Road store and drive-thru will be open 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
Have you ever made an unexpected shopping trip on Christmas? Tell us in the comments.