Beside a movie, live music, theater, a crab feast and a Girl Scout flag ceremony are going on this weekend.
- Where/When: , Friday 5:30-8 p.m.
- Why Go: The Girl Scouts of our community will be collecting and retiring flags. The grounds will be open to all current and prospective scouts and their families at 5:30 p.m. Bring your own picnic dinner and drinks, chairs and sit-upons. Activities begin at 6:30 p.m. and will include learning the proper way to fold a flag, viewing historical American flags, learning how to cut a perfect five-pointed star and learning flag history.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: The Avenue at White Marsh, Friday and Saturday 7-9 p.m.
- Why Go: Enjoy this outdoor concert. Donegal XPress performs on Friday and Christina Signorile and The Fever performs on Saturday.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: CCBC Essex, starts Friday and runs weekends through Aug. 7.
- Why Go: Three years ago, the Cranwells' daughter Emma disappeared without a trace. Three years later, she's been returned to them—fragile, frightened, memory gone, a ghost of the daughter they lost. They are determined to do whatever they must to bring their daughter back. But is this girl truly their daughter—or someone else entirely? It is presented by Cockpit in Court in the Cabaret Theater.
- Pricing: $28 for adults, $24 for senior citizens and alumni
- Where/When:, Friday 9 p.m.
- Why Go: If you enjoy acoustic rock, this is a band you should see.
- Pricing: No Cover
- Where/When: , Saturday 5:30-10 p.m.
- Why Go: Join this movie club if you are a fan of fantasy, science fiction, mystery, and horror films. This month's movie is "The Exorcist."
- Pricing: Annual dues are $25 per person, $40 per couple and $15 for each added primary membership (prorated).
- Where/When: Boumi Shrine Center, Saturday 4-8 p.m.
- Why Go: Steamed crabs, hamburgers, hot dogs, salads, chips, pretzels, assorted desserts, beer and sodas will be available. There will also be a bean bag toss tournament, door prizes, raffles and a 50/50.
- Pricing: $40 per person