This Saturday, December 1st, THE AVENUE at White Marsh will celebrate the 14th Annual White Marsh Holiday Parade at 10am. This spectacle of High School Marching Bands, Boumi Temple Shriners, performance groups and so much more (leading up to Santa and Mrs Claus) always makes me smile.
For those of you planning to join us, below are some details you may find helpful.
1. The parade begins at the AC Moore/Staples end of the center, travels down THE AVENUE and exits onto Honeygo Boulevard at the Pier 1 end of the center. Once on Honeygo, participants travel back toward Corporate Drive where the parade ends. Although seating along THE AVENUE seems to be most preferred - spectators can view the line-up from the Honeygo Boulevard side of the property.
2. Road closures include:
*Corporate Drive from Honeygo Boulevard to Town Center Drive - 7am to approximately noon. This would be the section of Corporate drive that runs behind Staples and AC Moore.
*Honeygo Boulevard from Corporate Drive to Campbell Boulevard - 9:45am to approximately noon. During this time, visitors can enter and exit THE AVENUE from Town Center Drive. Baltimore County Police will be redirecting vehicle traffic on Honeygo Boulevard to accomodate this closure.
3. As with any well-attended event, late arrivals will face parking challenges. Please do not hesitate to ask one of our Safety Patrol Officers for assistance. We have Officers located throughout the lot to direct visitors to open spaces.
4. Our emcees, Scott Davies and Chris Huntington, will be announcing from the Main Plaza. I've been told they are quite funny...by the Property Manager...who watched the parade last year from their stage...What?...I thought she was supposed to be working...
5. Red Brick Station and Della Rose's Avenue Tavern will be selling breakfast sandwiches and hot beverages outside of their restaurants. In addition, Barnes & Noble Cafe, Starbucks, and the AMC Concession Stand will be open for food and drink sales.
6. As is tradition, our volunteers will be distributing jingle bells to the crowd (while supplies last).
7. The parade is a rain, snow or shine event (Trust me...we've experienced all three)! The weather forecast for this Saturday looks great!
Lastly, follow THE AVENUE on instagram and enter our contest! Share a photo of your Holiday Magic Moment at THE AVENUE for a chance to win a $50 gift card. @TheAvenueAtWhiteMarsh #HolidayMagicMoment
So...gather the family...bring a blanket...grab a hot chocolate from one of our eateries...and ENJOY!
Visit our website - www.theavenueatwhitemarsh.com for additional holiday event information.