The National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory over several Maryland cities and counties, including the Perry Hall area, until Wednesday at 8 p.m.
Temperatures are expected to linger in the upper 80s and mid-90s until Friday. Heat index values could reach 105.
NWS officials suggest the following safety tips to avoid heat illnesses:
- Drink plenty of water
- Stay in an air-conditioned room
- Stay out of the sun
- Check in on relatives and neighbors
- Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside
- When possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening
- Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke
- Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing