Perry Hall boys and girls track teams took up first place victories at the school's first home meet of the spring season.
The boys posted a commanding 108 points over Parkville (50 points), Loch Raven (49 points), and Carver A&T (12 points). The girls meanwhile, narrowly edged Loch Raven 74 to 72.5. Parkville and Carver took home 61.5 and 2 points in the girls meet, respectively.
Perry Hall scored a number of notable victories last week including:
- Senior Richard Nwokeji's first place in the boys 100-meter dash. (11.5)
- Senior Chris Vitek's, 4:51.5, first-place finish in the 1600-meter run.
- The girls' first place 4x200 meter relay with a 2:00.1 time.
- The boys' first place 4x200 meter relay with a 1:36.1 time.
- Vince Ciattei's first-place 3200 meter run. (9:36.6)
- Junior Michelle Krach's first-place 800 meter run. (2:38.3)
- The boys' first-place 4x100 meter, 46.6 finish.
- The girls' first-place 4x100 meter, 4:57.2 finish.
- The boys' first-place 4x400 meter relay, 3:54.0 finish.
- Senior Lauren Wainright's first-place shot put. (29-09.0)
- Junior Jerry Iweh's first-place boys high jump.
Boys and girls track teams will next compete at Patapsco High School on April 10 at 3:45 p.m.
Editor's Note: Just because we didn't make it out to your son or daughter's game or meet doesn't mean to don't want to know about what's going on in Perry Hall sports!
And hey, if you're handy with a camera, consider adding a few photos or videos to our Neighborhood Gallery. One of our readers who goes by username Cheese Cracker got the hang of it, posting a series of Perry Hall High School girls lacrosse photos.