This organization traces its roots back to a meeting on May 8, 1874, when a group of environmentally-minded businessmen formed the Maryland Association for the Protection and Preservation of Fish and Game. Since then, the Maryland State Games and Fishing Protective Association has become Perry Hall's own treasure trove of campsites, trails, an archery range, a wildlife refuge and more than two dozen acres of protected woodlands.
It can be followed on Facebook here.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicap Parking. Double doors and sidewalk is wheelchair accessible.
- Founding Date: May 08 1874
- What makes this community special?: HALL RENTALS AVAILABLE TO COMMUNITY The MDSGFPA Hall is 3200 sq. ft. with a 225 person capacity.Rental includes tables,chairs, use of the kitchen, BBQ Pit and cold (tap) room. FOR MORE INFO CONTACT VALERIE GORLESKI 410-931-0648
- Parking: Free lot
- Part of a chain: No
- Facilities (campgrounds): Food/drink, Restrooms, Showers
- What's the best time of year to visit the campground?: Spring, Summer & Fall for outdoor events. HALL RENTALS AVAILABLE YEAR ROUND! Large indoor fireplace for winter parties!
- Membership info: http://mdsgfpa.org/
- Private events: Yes
- Scenic views: Yes
- What is the best time of year and day to explore the trails?: ACTIVE ARCHERY RANGE! TRAILS ARE NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
- Mission: -Encourage the conservation of the natural resources of America--Instill in the hearts of the youth of our State and Country the desire to conduct themselves in a manner worthy of true Sportsman and Conservationists
- Membership requirements: Private Club. Must be sponsored by an existing member in good standing. Questions: Call the club at 410-931-0648.
- Meetings: Monthly