Tucked into a niche of the Perry Hall Square shopping center, The Village Gem is, well, a gem. The store, founded in 2001, is run by owners Thomas and Sandra Thobe, who are more than willing to help you with all your jewelry needs. They sell gold and silver rings, necklaces and watches, with various stones including diamonds and pearls, as well as other small gifts. Jewelry repair is offered on the premises, and free gift wrapping is provided.
- Hours: Mon-Fri, 10am-7pm; Sat, 10am-5pm
- Handicap Accessible: The store entrance is level with the sidewalk
- Founding Date: Apr 12 2001
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: rings, necklaces, watches, purses, small gifts
- Services: Delivery, Financing, Gift certificates, Gift wrapping, Repair, Shipping
- Return policy: 30 days with a receipt for refunds. After 30 days items may be returned for store credit.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- What's a fashion tip that never goes out of style?: "Pearls may go out of fashion, but they're never out of style."
- Original design / hand-made?: Yes
- Part of a chain: No
- Jewelry & watch brands: Citizen, Coast Diamonds, and small-name artisans
- What are most popular gifts for both women and men?: For women, jewelry, especially with diamonds. For men, Ravens items and watches.
- Jewelry & watch services: Appraisal, Consignment