Gas leak leads to evacuation of both businesses.
(UPDATED 12:56 p.m.) The Walmart and Sam's Club in Golden Ring were evacuated at about 11 a.m. because of a gas leak. Fourteen fire and rescue units responded to the scene, where no injuries have been reported, a fire department spokesman said. BGE spokesman Rachael Lighty said a technician was on the scene by 11:15 a.m. and had the gas shut off by 11:30 a.m. Lighty said the leak occurred when a forklift hit a commercial gas meter that supplies gas to the Sam's Club. Lighty added both buildings are safe, and once the leaks were capped the stores could reopen. Stay with Patch for more details.