Perry Hall Schools Recruiting Staff For 9 Positions This Week
PERRY HALL, MD – With the school year starting in less than a month, Baltimore County Public Schools is hiring to fill spots still open on its staff. It is hosting multiple hiring fairs, including in the Perry Hall area specifically.
The Perry Hall hiring fair is set for Thursday at Perry Hall Middle School.
At the open house-style event, the following schools will be looking to hire for these positions, according to a statement from the school system:
- Joppa View Elementary School: 4th grade English language arts/math, 5th grade math, special education
- Perry Hall Elementary School: 4th grade teacher, IEP facilitator, lunchroom assistants
- Perry Hall Middle School: 8th grade math, 7th grade science and physical education
The open house/hiring fair is from 2 to 4 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 4, at Perry Hall Middle School, 4300 Ebenezer Road.
Statewide, school systems are facing teacher shortages, and one of the more pronounced is in Baltimore County, where 430 vacancies remain, The Baltimore Sun reported on Tuesday. Baltimore City is still looking to hire 600 to 700 school staff members, the newspaper reported.
More than 5,500 teachers left their jobs in 2022 in Maryland, according to WJZ, which said the Maryland State Education Association's president called the teacher shortage a "crisis."
The first day of school for students in Baltimore County Public Schools is Aug. 29.
More News from Perry Hall
- Perry Hall Library Serves Up 'Sundaes On Sundays' To Celebrate Return Of Sunday Service Initially slated for September 24, unforeseen rain led to the event's rescheduling. It is now set for Sunday, October 1, between 3:00 and 4:00 p.m.
- Maryland Food Bank Preps For The Future With $5.3M Renovation, Doubling Kitchen Size And Adding Offices Increased demand during the COVID-19 pandemic caused the MFB's employee count to grow substantially, increasing from 110 in 2018 to over 160 in 2023.