A Timeline Of Yesterday's Evacuation At Pine Grove Middle School
Baltimore County Police have arrested two suspects in connection to yesterday’s suspicious package found in a vehicle near Pine Grove Middle.
A Timeline of what happened, according to Baltimore County Police and Baltimore County Public Schools.
- ~11:15 a.m. - Police responded to reports of a suspicious package located in a car parked near Pine Grove Middle School in Parkville.
- ~11:30 a.m. - Police arrest a suspect near Pine Grove Elementary.
- ~12:00 p.m. - The school was evacuated, and students were sent to nearby Parkville High School for reunification with their parents.
- ~1:00 p.m. - Students at Pine Grove Elementary were also evacuated due to “an abundance of caution” according to police.
- ~1:30 p.m. - Residents near Pine Grove Middle reported hearing a loud noise, which police say was a "proactive controlled measure to address the suspicious package."
- ~2:00 p.m. - All children were evacuated safely and successfully and were awaiting pickup at Parkville, and Loch Raven Highschools.
- ~2:10 p.m. - Police announce that the 1600 block of Whitehead Ct. in Gwynn Oak was also evacuated in connection to the investigation at Pine Grove Middle.
- Undetermined time - Police arrested another suspect in a room at the Rodeway Inn near 1600 block of Whitehead Ct., police have yet to reveal the connection between the two arrests.
- ~5:20 p.m. - Parent pickup at Parkville High, and Loch Raven High was successfully completed.
Police say that at this point they are not seeking any more suspects, and the two schools have been reopened. The investigation is ongoing, and police are yet to charge the suspects or identify a motive.
There is no further threat to the public, according to police.