Perry Hall Middle School Evacuated Yesterday Due To Faulty Smoke Alarm

Image

Credit: Van Fisher/Patch

PERRY HALL - Perry Hall Middle School students were evacuated yesterday due to a smoke alarm. At 8:08 a.m. yesterday, a smoke alarm went off at the school, causing students to stream out of the front doors and await the fire department.

Baltimore County Fire department was dispatched to the scene and quickly determined that the alarm was faulty and there was no fire on the premises. Students returned to class by 8:30.

In an email sent to parents, principal Lisa Perry praised her students for their orderly evacuation.

“I want to thank our students for their cooperation and for quickly exiting the building,” she said. “They waited in a quiet and orderly fashion before the all-clear was given.”

Perry went on to note the importance of evacuation drills.

“This experience emphasized the importance of completing our drills on a regular basis for the safety of everyone. I want you to be assured that the safety of our students is our top priority.”

Orderly evacuations are essential for protecting the safety of students across the country. Last week’s incident at Pine Grove Middle illustrated how drills and other training could ensure students remain safe in the case of a real fire or other emergencies.

I'm interested
I disagree with this
This is unverified
Spam
Offensive

Replies