Parkville Middle Students Taken To The Hospital After Eating Drug-Laced Candy

Image

Credit: Shutterstock

PARKVILLE - Four students at Parkville Middle School got sick on Wednesday after eating candy containing drugs, according to school officials.

According to police, the candy contained THC, and the investigation is ongoing.

In a letter to parents, Principal Michael Wiggins said that the drug-laced candy was given to them by another student and that the four who ingested the drugs were taken to the hospital. Wiggins also said that the students will be punished according to the consequences outlined in the student handbook.

"We realize this may be upsetting to our students and want to make you aware of the situation," Wiggins wrote. "Our counselor will be available to meet with any students to provide additional support."

The principal also reminded parents to tell their children about the "dangers of drug use and consuming unknown substances."

The Parkville Middle School Resource Officer and Baltimore County Police are investigating the incident.

I'm interested
I disagree with this
This is unverified
Spam
Offensive

Replies