Baltimore County Announces Over $2.6 Million In ARPA Grants
BALTIMORE COUNTY - Baltimore County Executive Johnny Olszewski announced on Friday that Baltimore County and the Baltimore Community Foundation (BCF) have awarded more than $2.67 million in American Rescue Plan (ARPA)-funded grants to nearly 30 local community-based organizations.
Announced in June 2022, the Baltimore County COVID-19 Nonprofit Recovery Grant Fund offered grants starting at $25,000 to Baltimore County community-based organizations to support residents amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The grants are paid for by Baltimore County’s American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding.
Funds will support a diverse range of community efforts, such as behavioral healthcare, conflict resolution services, food access, senior engagement, bilingual outreach, emergency shelter and advocacy services for victims of domestic violence, and much more.
“Baltimore County remains committed to helping our residents recover from the long-lasting effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, and I am very happy to provide these grants to local organizations that continue to advocate for and work on behalf of their communities,” said County Executive Johnny Olszewski. “We are grateful to our federal partners for providing much-needed recovery funding, allowing Baltimore County to make these awards to nonprofits dedicated to providing critical services on behalf of our residents for years to come.”
A complete list of the Baltimore County Emergency Response Fund awardees announced today is below:
- Afrithrive, Inc.
- Assistance Center of Towson Churches
- Associated Catholic Charities, Inc.
- Associated Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore
- Asylee Women Enterprise, Inc.
- Baltimore Association of Nepalese in America
- CASA, Inc.
- Center for Adoption Support and Education, Inc. (C.A.S.E.)
- Civic Works, Inc.
- Community Assistance Network (CAN)
- Conflict Resolution Center of Baltimore County
- Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
- Episcopal Church of Christ the King/RISE
- Foundation for Baltimore County Public Library
- House of Ruth Maryland, Inc.
- Improving Education
- Jewish Community Services, Inc.
- Life Builders Church
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- Mental Health Association of Maryland
- NAMI Metropolitan Baltimore
- Northwest Hospital Center
- Outcast Food Network
- Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland
- Student Support Network
- The Family Crisis Center of Baltimore County, Inc.
- TurnAround, Inc.
- World Relief Corporation of National Association of Evangelicals
More News from Perry Hall
- Snow Flurries Possible In MD, Windy Cold Blast Rolls In The first snowflakes of the season may fall Tuesday in Maryland. A windy cold blast could bring a few flurries.
- Salmonella-Tainted Fruit Recall Expands, Sickness Reaches Maryland A popular fruit was recalled across 32 states due to salmonella, officials say. The sickness has now reached Maryland.