How To Dispose Of Your Christmas Tree In Baltimore County
BALTIMORE COUNTY - As residents begin the process of taking down Christmas decorations, some may be left wondering what to do with the tree.
Thankfully, Baltimore County offers opportunities to recycle your tree or have it picked up during regular trash collection.
Beginning December 27, Baltimore County residents can drop off Christmas trees for disposal at these locations:
- Central Acceptance Facility, 201 W. Warren Road, Cockeysville
- Western Acceptance Facility, 3310 Transway Road, Halethorpe
- Eastern Sanitary Landfill Solid Waste Management Facility, 6259 Days Cove Road, White Marsh
How to prepare your tree for drop-off:
- Baltimore County asks residents to remove all lights, decorations, tinsel, bags, and tree stands before dropping the tree off.
Christmas tree recycling collection in Baltimore County begins Monday, January 9, and will last for two weeks. Pick-up dates vary by location and will not be scheduled in advance.
Baltimore County advises that trees may not be picked up on the regular trash collection day. The county is asking residents to leave their trees out until they are collected.
January 15 will be the final day for Christmas tree pick-up.
How to prepare your tree for pick-up:
- Ensure that all lights, decorations, tinsel, bags, and tree stands are removed before bringing the tree to the curb.
- Baltimore County will only be collecting live trees. All “fake” trees must be taken to the dump.
- Place your tree at your regular trash pick-up location.