Overnight Ramp And Lane Closures On I-95/I-695 Interchange Set For July 16-21 Amid Bridge Rehabilitation Project
BALTIMORE COUNTY - the Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration has announced overnight ramp and lane closures between Sunday night, July 16, and Friday afternoon, July 21. These closures will affect the I-95/I-695 (Baltimore Beltway) interchange in Baltimore County.
The closures are necessary for the ongoing rehabilitation project for ten bridges within the interchange. Starting Sunday, drivers should be prepared for the following changes:
Overnight Lane Closures:
- Southbound I-95 at I-695: Overnight single-lane closures at 7 p.m., followed by double left-lane closures between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. the next day, Sunday through Thursday, July 16-20.
Note: On Monday night, July 17, there will be a triple-lane closure on southbound I-95 at I-695 between midnight Monday and 5 a.m. Tuesday, June 18, to move construction work zone barriers and set a new traffic pattern in place on southbound I-95 and at the ramp from southbound I-95 to eastbound I-695 (outer loop). The location of traffic lanes will be shifted periodically as work proceeds on the bridges and approaches.
- Northbound I-95 at I-695: Overnight single-lane closures at 7 p.m., followed by double left-lane closures between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. the next day, Sunday through Thursday, July 16-20.
Overnight Ramp Closures:
- Ramp from eastbound I-695 (outer loop) to northbound I-95: Closure and detour overnight, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. the next day, Sunday through Thursday, July 16-20. Detour: Exit onto Hollins Ferry Road, go through the interchange to westbound I-695 (inner loop), and then take westbound I-695 to northbound I-95.
- Ramp from southbound I-95 to eastbound I-695 (outer loop): Closure and detour overnight, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. the next day, Sunday through Tuesday, July 16-18. Detour: Exit onto Caton Avenue, proceed southeast on Caton Avenue, stay right to southbound US 1 Alt (Washington Boulevard), then take eastbound I-695 (outer loop).
- Ramp from northbound I-95 to westbound I-695 (inner loop): Closure and detour overnight, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. the next day, Sunday through Thursday, July 16-20. Detour: Exit onto Caton Avenue, go west on Caton Avenue, proceed to the ramp to southbound I-95, and then take southbound I-95 to westbound I-695 (inner loop).
Daytime Lane Closures:
- Sulphur Spring Road under I-95: Lane shifts and/or lane closures with flagging operations to control two-way traffic between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, July 17-20.
All work schedules are pending weather and other construction factors. Contractor Wagman Heavy Civil Inc. will perform the work and use digital message boards, temporary signs, and barrels to guide drivers through the area safely.
More News from Perry Hall
- Baltimore Officials Provide Update On Parasite Detected In Lake Druid Reservoir Cryptosporidium, commonly found in lakes and rivers, has the potential to cause gastrointestinal issues, especially in individuals with weakened immune systems.
- New BusWhere App Gives Baltimore County Parents Real-Time Insights On School Bus Locations The app allows parents to track their child's school bus in real-time, addressing prior concerns related to bus punctuality and occasional no-shows.