Perry Hall Library Serves Up 'Sundaes On Sundays' To Celebrate Return Of Sunday Service
PERRY HALL - This weekend, the Perry Hall library is offering a sweet incentive to visitors. The "Sundaes on Sundays" event provides complimentary small sundaes to anyone flashing a library card.
Initially slated for September 24, unforeseen rain led to the event's rescheduling. It is now set for Sunday, October 1, between 3:00 and 4:00 p.m.
This treat-filled initiative, Sundaes on Sundays, will span September and October. The traveling ice cream stand, Miss Twist, plans to visit different branches every Sunday during the specified hours. Here's the lineup:
- Perry Hall Branch, October 1
- Owings Mills Branch, October 1
- Cockeysville Branch, October 8
- Towson Branch, October 15
- Pikesville Branch, October 22
This delicious event marks the reintroduction of Sunday service at select BCPL locations. The library is pairing down on Sundays to core services, such as access to the physical collection, computers, meeting rooms, and study rooms and printing, copying, and faxing. Some services will not be available, including My Librarian appointments, notary or passports, programs, or social worker appointments.
"As with nearly every aspect of life, the pandemic shifted the way our libraries operated. When we reopened our branches in June 2021, we evaluated the best way to allocate our staff and resources in a way that still allowed us to provide the services our customers wanted and needed," said Library CEO Sonia Alcántara-Antoine. "Providing service hours on Sunday is one way to meet many of our community's needs."
More News from Perry Hall
- Snow Flurries Possible In MD, Windy Cold Blast Rolls In The first snowflakes of the season may fall Tuesday in Maryland. A windy cold blast could bring a few flurries.
- Salmonella-Tainted Fruit Recall Expands, Sickness Reaches Maryland A popular fruit was recalled across 32 states due to salmonella, officials say. The sickness has now reached Maryland.